Made of 316L stainless steel, the Uni-Dust cyclone is a hygienic way to capture excess dust in a controlled environment of the process room. The equipment is intended to be retrofitted to equipment that generates dust.
Process validation is not affected, making it ideal for both new and existing processes. I linje med cGMP gör Uni-Dust förluståtervinning/uppsamling till en enkel sak.
Traditionally, waste from powder filling equipment such as tablet presses and capsule filling machines is diverted to a central facility.
Dust/filter system is in the facility. This process can result in a mixture of different powders that are stored in the filter system and can cause environmental damage and operator health upon exposure.
The cyclone separates the solid material from the clean air. Typically, 95–99% of the excess powder is “captured” in a collection container. The air then passes through an optional “Control/filter system” eg HEPA filter. This increases the system’s efficiency to 99.99%.
The purified air continues to the usual dust collection point.
Uni-Dust collects these wastes and keeps them in a controlled area separated from the process room. Another advantage of collecting these surplus materials from the processing room is to minimize batch losses.
Batch losses can be verified and recorded by removing the collection container. The powder from the collection container can be weighed, recorded and possibly returned to the process.
Uni-Dust has a filterless construction and provides an extremely high degree of separation, in some cases to almost 100%. However, to maintain total integrity, a HEPA filter can be installed on the outlet of the Uni-Dust.
A number of configurations are possible, so that the cyclone can be integrated into various system applications.
Uni-Dust är designed and manufactured by Hanningfield Process Systems in England.
- Hygienic stainless steel
- Filterless construction
- No moving parts
- Easy to clean, hygienic design
- External HEPA filter
- Compact, space-saving design
- Engineered and manufactured in the UK
- Keeps waste in the process room
- Improve the working environment by creating safer and more hygienic conditions
- Synchronize batch losses
- Improves GMP and site safety standards
- Construction material: stainless steel (304 or 316
- Powder Collection/Recovery: Typically 95-99%
- Height: varies from 475 to 1240 mm.
- Diameter: varies from 100 to 300 mm.
- Version: Mobile or stationary
- Explosion protection: ATEX or non-ATEX design
- “Catch” excess powder from tablet presses
- “Capture” excess powder from capsule filling machines
- “Catch” excess powder from filling machines
- “Capture” excess powder from inhaler filling machines
- “Catch” excess powder when pouring into a tank that requires extra extraction/ventilation